Hannah and Madison

Hannah and Madison
Soccer stars....

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Technology....ain't it grand?

I have a serious love/hate relationship with technology.  I love my computer, but the second there's a problem, I'm lost.  I don't know how to "defrag" my computer without help.  I don't know how to fix any problems at all!  I am a professional, however, at surfing the web, shopping, making posters and cards.  Everything else, I really am not competent in at all!  The girls have gotten ipod touches with some money they saved.  They just love to send text messages to each other and their cousins.  Part of me has to "let go" of them into the world of technology, but I also don't want to see them become the kid who sits at a basketball texting people the whole time.  It's a difficult balance....But God knows how tickled I am when the girls text each other things like, "I miss you"....or "I love you".  Can it really get any better than that?  People tell me when my kids leave the nest that texting will be my easiest way to communicate with them.....I guess I'd better start learning how, because to be honest, I've never texted in my life!  I wouldn't even know how!  I like to hang onto my world of ignorance as long as I can.  I only do technology on an "as-needed" basis.  Well, I have 3 years until Olivia heads off to college....learning to text can wait....for now!  Then again, perhaps she'll live at home and go to college nearby.  One just never knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment