Hannah and Madison

Hannah and Madison
Soccer stars....

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Growing up is so painful....especially for the Mama....

Olivia is 14 1/2.  Need I say more?  Don't get me wrong.  She's a beautiful, thoughtful young woman with a compassionate heart.  Her teachers sum it up each year when they usually say almost the exact same thing about her:  "She likes everybody and everybody likes her".  You'll be hard-pressed to find anyone she's ever offended (apart from her younger sisters:)  She loves Jesus, her mom and dad, her sisters and 4-legged creatures of the cat and dog variety....even Llamas!

So why is it so painful for me to watch her grow up?  I know it's God's plan for them to become more and more self-sufficient.  I know that in time she'll need us less so she can learn to take care of herself.  But it hurts.....
Seeing her go off to spend time with her cousins rather than wanting to spend the evening with me.  "What am I...chopped liver?".....ahhhh, such is a teenager's life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment