Hannah and Madison

Hannah and Madison
Soccer stars....

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ready or not, here come the women!

So, Olivia has seemed much like a woman to me for some time now.  She is, after all, 15.  The twins on the other hand, were still "little girls" until just recently.  Hannah is now 5' 7" tall....nothing little girl about that.  She is desirous of all things domestic.  "Teach me to cook"....seems to be her mantra!  "Can I help you make that?"....is another.  Madison, on the other hand has no desires toward domesticity.  She would much rather be watching TV or playing volleyball!  Did I say she is in LOVE with VOLLEYBALL!  Every time I turn around she is softly handling the ball...in front of the TV.....She is a joy to be around.  She still loves to smile!

Olivia is in the midst of her most difficult year of high school.  Literature has been a daunting task for her, but she has met it full-on....getting an A- for her first trimester.  She was pleased.  Her load includes geometry, physics, latin, literature, history, orchestra, art, music and drama.  She also is a starter on her Varsity Volleyball team.  She is one busy girl.  I don't see her as much as I'd like, but she loves her school....

Where does the time go?  Seems yesterday we were wondering if I could go another day with the 16lbs. of twins in my stretching abdomen.  Now, they are thinking of their own careers...learning to find their way in this world full of difficulties.  We shape their minds the best we can....we pray for them....and they grow up.  Ready or not, here they come!

No comments:

Post a Comment